Pages

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Decorating!!!

All the Christmas stuff is done. Wellllllll expect the porch. Oops! I'll get to it tomorrow. Anyways. I assume the next decorating holiday is Valentines day. I really don't have much and normally just do my mantle. Which is one of my favorite things in the house. We love the look of the stone. I've used this window for a while now. And just change it around during the holidays or seasons! It's so versatile! Oh and yes that's a moose or elk antler. Meh whichever! We love alllll antlers around here! Anyways, the owl is from Home goods, small jar beside it is from Marshall's, the fabulous candlesticks are from a yard sale, the tile is vintage and very old, wreath from Joanne's, the apothecary jar is from a company no longer in business and my favorite piece beside the window is a old porch thing ( I mean uh what is that even called?) support? Google is telling me it's called a "porch corbel"....from my husbands great grandparents families house. I would love 10 more. Such a great piece! Sign is from a little craft store and the "smith" burlap banner was a gift! Burlap is the bees knees. 


                        


After tackling that I moved to the staircase which to be honest has been pretty empty for uh shamefully 6 years. This will be a work in progress and collecting random eclectic items. I really like old unique things. None of those items are old. But it's a nice starting point. We need to re paint soon so I will have to take it down before I get too far but now I have some ideas. Thank you Pinterest! I would like some color or gasp.....chevron!?!



                          


I still have tons to do. This is house is a continuing canvas. I would like decorative blinds in our living room at some point. Any recommendations? 

Do you decorate for Holidays? It drives my hubs crazy! Lol! But he never says a word, other then, That looks wonderful. I love that man. 

Also, since I'm looking for inspiration I've been pinning like crazy! Click on my Pinterest link to follow me!   Um....don't judge me. Yes it says 10.5k pins. I've been on Pinterest before it was cool. 


                     

No comments: